The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Nintendo Switch has received a brand new patch (version 3.6) adding a variety of new features to the game. Fans will be pleased to hear that the Switch port will now support PC cross-saves, additional graphical options, and a whole heap more.
Officially announced through The Witcher website, update 3.6 includes:
- Touch control support.
- Save file integration with GOG, Steam and versions of the game for Switch from different regions.
- More text languages (in selected regions).
- Additional graphical options.
- Multiple performance optimisations.
- Fixes for various visual and functional bugs.
- Fixes for various gameplay issues and crashes.
As far as post-launch updates go, it’s certainly impressive. Being able to continue your PC journey on the go with the new Switch cross-save functionally is nothing short of perfect. Be sure to keep your PC save file’s name in its original state though, as otherwise it can’t be transferred via the Nintendo Switch’s Cloud Save feature.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is an open-world, fantasy RPG based on novels written by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. With the franchise flourishing as a novel, television series, and game franchise, there’s no better time to hop into and start Witching.